Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Waitress



waitressmovie.net:

Jenna (Keri Russell) is trapped in an unhappy marriage with a controlling, jealous husband and the last thing she wants is a baby, so when she discovers she has fallen pregnant, she’s terrified of what the future holds.

In an effort to escape her husband, Jenna saves what money she can by working at Joe’s Diner where she creates amazing pies which she names after circumstances in her life like “I-Don’t-Want-Earl’s-Baby Pie”; “I-Hate-My-Husband Pie”; and “Falling-in-Love Pie”.

Things seem hopeless for Jenna and dreams of a better life lost until she meets gynecologist Dr. Pomatter (Nathan Fillion),

a good looking man who treats her with love, generosity and simple kindness. He’s handsome. He’s kind. He’s neurotic. He’s married.

Waitress was inspired by writer/director Adrienne Shelly’s own feelings while she was pregnant with daughter Sophie. Adrienne shared with an on-set videographer, “I was about eight months pregnant, and I was really scared about the idea of having a baby. I couldn’t imagine how my life was going to be, that it would change so drastically that I wasn’t even going to recognize myself anymore. I was terrified and I really had never seen that reflected in anything, not in a book or in a movie.” Adrienne went on to express that Waitress is a “love letter to Sophie”.


Wikipedia: The acceptance of Waitress into the 2007 Sundance Film Festival was bittersweet because writer/director Adrienne Shelly was murdered before learning the news. The film opened to glowing critical reviews summarizing it as a well-made, good-hearted comedy, brimming with quality star wattage.

www.foxsearchlight.com/waitress/

This is a cute and funny chick flick. Sit back and enjoy a small slice of this waitress' life.

No comments: